Technical Writer (m/f)
Swarm64 took on what experts consider the most valuable contribution to big data analytics: Enabling customers to extract maximum value from their data in real time by adding FPGA-accelerated analytics processing (OLAP) to the native transaction processing (OLTP) of popular open-source databases.
We believe our continued excellence is the result of well-functioning teams who innovate by predicting and executing customer’s needs. Swarmers are motivated individual contributors who embrace challenge, enjoy the discovery process, are effective and exercise intellectual humility.
About the Role
As our technical writer, you will design, create and deliver whole product documentation sets and/or related courseware. Edit, organize and direct the work activities of other technical writers and staff. Plan the format, arrange the layout of publications and edit work for conformance to publication standards and specifications.
- Work closely with Product Owner, Development Teams, Quality Assurance and Sales to successfully deliver assigned documentation projects
- Proactively research product changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation
- Independently write new documentation based on use cases, user stories, feature requirement documents, specifications, information from developers and product managers, and use of the product
- Revise documentation to incorporate product updates and product enhancements requested by customers and internal users
- Provide input on documentation design and implementation
- Proofread and edit documentation to ensure consistency of language and style, as well as correct application of templates
- Partner with other teams such as Support, Training, and Professional Services to understand and respond to customer documentation needs
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and 2+ years of experience as a Technical Writer or transferrable writing experience
- Attention to detail
- Excellent English skills and proficiency in proofreading/editing, writing, and verbal communication
- Technical aptitude and experience: ability to quickly learn how to use complex software products, passion for technology
- Experience learning, using, and writing about business applications, software, and technology
- A track record of successfully working with development, QA, and technical writing teams to deliver quality documentation
- Excellent strategic thinking, time management, and prioritization skills: ability to create high-quality documentation while making trade-off decisions; experience in meeting tight deadlines and adapting to changing priorities
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across product development lifecycles
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- You have the following characteristics: effective, intellectual humility, embrace challenges, curious
Nice to have
- Experience with databases
- Experience working with remote teams
- Knowledge of ArborText Epic Editor
- Familiarity with Agile development
If you want to become a member of our team, please send your CV (in PDF format) including a cover letter to Lisa.