Swarm64 took on what experts consider the most valuable contribution to big data analytics: Enabling customers to extract maximum value from their data in real time by adding FPGA-accelerated analytics processing (OLAP) to the native transaction processing (OLTP) of popular open-source databases.
We believe our continued excellence is the result of well-functioning teams who innovate by predicting and executing customer’s needs. Swarmers are motivated individual contributors who embrace challenge, enjoy the discovery process, are effective and exercise intellectual humility.
About the Role
As a Senior Digital Design Engineer, you will join the Swarm64 Platform team, a skilled group of engineers developing a high-performance FPGA accelerator for the database world. You will be involved in all activities of the platform team including computer architecture design, system design, and implementation and verification of system modules.
- Discuss with software and database engineers and understand algorithmic trade-off and bottlenecks
- Design computer hardware (RTL) to accelerate the DB system performance
- Implement unit tests for RTL modules or UVM test benches for (sub)systems
- Optimize our FPGA design to meet frequency, bandwidth and latency goals
- Verify the implemented hardware on target
- Troubleshoot the design to resolve potential issues
- Follow TDD and Agile principles
- You hold an MSc in Electrical Engineering or similar with several years of experience
- You have proven experience of the product design cycle from several projects
- You have high proficiency in hardware description languages and FPGA synthesis tools
- You are conscious on how tools perform the technology mapping of your code
- You are able to test your designs and apply best practices to achieve code reuse and discover issues as early as possible
- You have experience with creating new computer hardware. You can understand algorithmic problems, identify the required resources and dimension a design accordingly
- You have the following characteristics: effective, intellectual humility, embracing challenges, curious
Nice to have
- You are comfortable with Python and CMAKE or similar
If you want to become a member of our team, please send your CV (in PDF format) including a cover letter to Lisa (HR).
For more information visit: www.swarm64.com/join-us/